'Where is Peter Rabbit?' set to Open at the Old Laundry Theatre
For a run of ten weeks and starting on Monday 27th of June, a historic and entertaining musical ideal for families is coming to the Old Laundry theatre in Bowness-on-Windermere.
'Where is Peter Rabbit?' - based on and inspired by the work of Beatrix Potter - is a lovingly crafted celebration of five of her best-known characters, drawing on Potter's poetic masterpiece and bringing to life her original, classic illustrations.
A cast of six talented performers take on the roles of Beatrix herself, Peter Rabbit, Jeremy Fisher, Mrs Tiggy-Winkle, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Mr Todd, Tommy Brock and Lucie and Ptolemy Tortoise - all portrayed by:
- Grace Eccle (Titanic Toronto, Saturday Night Fever Frankfurt)
- Steven Hardcastle (Russell T Davis’ BBC A Midsummer’s Night Dream)
- Oliver Mawdsley (A Midsummer’s Night Dream Lysander, Godspell, Jesus)
- Danielle Morris (Gypsy Chichester, Whistle Down The Wind Union Theatre)
- Katie Shearman (The Sound Of Music national tour, Girlfriends Union Theatre)
- Molly Walters (Sophie The Tiger Who Came To Tea national tour)
Griff Rhys Jones and Miriam Margolyes provide voice talent for many of the characters too, with music provided by composer Steven Edis.
With the show set to run up to 3 times a day at the theatre that shares its home with the Beatrix Potter tourist attraction, a visit to Bowness this Summer is set to offer more than ever. Families can also combine the show with another of the attraction's amenities, such as the character breakfast or afternoon tea and high-tea/supper parties, either before or after the performance, in the Laundrama.
To find out more about this wonderful addition to an already busy calendar of summer events in the Lakes, head over to www.oldlaundrytheatre.co.uk/tag/WhereIsPeterRabbit or call the box office on 08445 040 604.